Friday, September 19, 2008

Introduction to Genealogy Online Course

I recently came across a really cool website that has really taught me a few things about researching my family history. The website is About.com:Genealogy. The site was created and is maintained by genealogist and web developer Kimberly Powell. I have been researching my family history for several years, but I have learned so much about how to do things the right way from this site.

One really great thing Kimberly has on the site is a free online course called Introduction to Genealogy. I have gone through the first 2 lessons and they were great! I really picked up a few things that will help me in my future research.

Kimberly's Genealogy Blog is a great way to stay up to date on what's going on in the world of genealogy. The blog is updated several times a week. I find intersting and informative.

Thanks to Kimberly Powell for freely sharing her genealogical knowledge and wisdom!

No comments: